Monday 22 March 2010

Thrifty Tuesday


















We went to see a sneaky advance screening of the new French movie, Micmacs last night. A lovely film which I'd definitely recommend putting on your 'must watch' list this month.

A key element in the story was turning discarded 'junk' into useful or delightful pieces that have meaning or purpose.

It's so often true: one man's rubbish is another man's treasure.

A little local hunting brought me these beautiful fabrics ($3 each) and Shelley fine china plate (I was lucky enough to find two for $2 each). I love them so much.

Thank you to all the people who give away such gorgeous items for us to buy :-)

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that fabric is beautiful. Is it vintage? Adorable. Thanks so much for dropping by Beach Vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the fun colors and patterns going on here... Vintage goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fabric and plate!! What fun to find great deals on such fantastic things. I wish I had more places like that to shop at. It is usually literal junk I come across.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :) Much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

It's so wonderful to read all your comments, thanks for stopping by Cornflakes & Honey! x :-)