Monday 16 August 2010

Hanging out


















{Image 1, 2}

Hallo all, I'm just back from 3 days in Victoria.

Mr Cornflake and I decided we needed some 'time out' so decided on a long weekend in Victoria's treasured park, Wilsons Promontory. We hired a car, cottage, drank lots of red wine and did some lovely hikes around the national park. It was so peaceful and beautiful - I'm a country girl born and bred, so it's great to be to be able to go back to nature from time to time.

We saw lots of kangaroos without trying, as well as wombats (sadly we ran one of these over in the dark driving to the cottage :-( could have been much worse though if we tried to avoid it completely), koalas and whales.

I'm back in Melbourne in two days time (for work) - I can't believe my busy life sometimes!

I hope you all had a lovely weekend too.

xx

13 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely time away Anna. You need to get out of the city sometimes don't you. You're a very busy girl with all this travel so take care of yourself :) Have a lovely monday,
    Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely break, it's so refreshing to get a bit of country air isn't it? (sorry about the wombat)
    Have agreat week!
    Flick x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a lovely long weekend away. What a shame about the wombat! Sometimes you just can't do anything to avoid it unfortunately. Have a great week, sounds like it will fly by with all that travel. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like yo had a wonderful break..got to love the country(shame about the wombat) it happened to hubby not to long ago..so hard to see them at night. have a great week and take care traveling XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great weekend away....sorry the weather was NOT too good this past weekend..
    BUT when away...its not that big a deal knowing it is winter..

    soo sorry you ran over a wombat...I actually hit a dove yesterday here in williamstown..(& I was horrified...& i dont even like doves too much)..

    have a great week...

    xx andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your trip....what a wonderful colorful pictures.......wishing you a nice new week....love Ria.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, how great it must be to live so near a national park to be able to just spend a long weekend there and to see all those animals in their natural environment. I so hope to ever be able to get to Australia once in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy every single moment, dear Anna!!
    The first oic is my favorite!!
    XOXO!! Bela.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like such a lovely weekend:) Enjoy it all and have a wonderful Monday:)

    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning photos! I just love both of them. Glad you had a nice weekend away. Happy Monday!

    xo M

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm loving that bottle picture..

    Kangaroos, koalas and whales - what a great weekend!!

    p.s. I just found your blog and became a follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you had a nice weekend! I love these images. I wonder if I could turn my closet into something like that first picture. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a divine trip Anna! Love that top image! Wish my closet looked like that.

    xoxo,
    Bren @ Chasing Beauty

    ReplyDelete

It's so wonderful to read all your comments, thanks for stopping by Cornflakes & Honey! x :-)