Monday 23 August 2010

I ♥ this

























{Image 1, 2}

For anyone following my interior design inspiration I have to confess it oscillates wildly between the old, subtle, chic, pale and delicate to the loud, bright, modern and colourful all the while looking unique and eclectic at the same time!

Hmmm… I think it’s really hard for me to have one style preference. I just like what I like I suppose and that encompasses many different things!

This first picture is a definite treasure for me I love the bold, bright pink paint with the different mix of frames (yes more wall art!) and crystal chandelier sconce against it. Also inspiring is the second picture with it's bright green wallpaper, modern art and stunning antique chair and writing desk. These pictures are fuelling what I love - mixing old with new and juxtaposing styles, colours and influences to create something original.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend? Let me know what you got up to! I ate loads of lovely food and basked in the sunshine - we’re fast approaching spring in Australia. Glorious! :-)

Happy Monday!
xx

16 comments:

  1. your images are always an inspiration,loving the hot pink combo with the wall art in the first image,glad you had great weekend.. mine was busy but great as we visited the circus XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun is this! If I was single, I would totally have a hot pink room.

    xo M

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am completely in love with that first picture. I had a hot pink wall like that in the bedroom in my last house and I loved it to bits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bolder the better. What a start of the week!

    ps I am doing a lovely give away of a signed copy of Pia Jane Bijkerk's "Amsterdam Made By Hand" so if you have the time hop over :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the hot pink. Don't think hubby would. I'm with you on the mix of style dilema. Maybe in a big enough house I would have a my own little room in hot pink - for a while anyways.
    Have a great week Anna.
    Carmel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - they're stunning! Probably couldn't live with all that colour on a regular basis but wonderful inspiration. Jane @ the girl in the brick house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That pink colors are great !! fun !!! wishing you a happy new week filled with joy !.....love Ria.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the green walls! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore the second image..The green wall is stunning:)

    kisses,sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am completely fickle when it comes to choosing a style, good thing the eclectic look is so popular!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, dear!!! I love this pink and green combination!! The frames are awesome!!
    My weekend was hectic! Aila's birthday is today and her party will be next Saturday...deep mess all around here...preparing stuff...in laws coming on Thursday...UFAAA!!!
    Kisses, dear Cornflake!!! Bela.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The pink wall is a wanna-have. Green and Pink go so so soooooo good together.
    Have a colorful week, Anna xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have seen that second image before and I love it!! I know it sounds silly, but I just want a random big stack of boxes in my office, just like the ones in the pic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not sure I'll ever be brave enough to use this much colour in my home! But the images are gorgeous! Sooo glad spring is on its way, the weather was so balmy here in Brisbane this weekend! :) Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love these interiors. Definitely bold, but so fun and colorful! I could definitely live in either space!

    ReplyDelete

It's so wonderful to read all your comments, thanks for stopping by Cornflakes & Honey! x :-)