Saturday 6 November 2010

hunter gatherer

Ever since I was a little girl I have always loved hunting for treasures. It might have been a shell (I used to be crazy about shells when I was five), a chestnut, a beautiful flower, a friendship or love.

I've also adored hunting for pretty or interesting things for my bedroom and now as I'm older, flat.

I think the fun is as much in the journey and adventure as it is in the reward. Which reminds me of Paulo Coelho's wonderful book, The Alchemist. It's not always about getting there but finding yourself along the way.

I hope you're having a lovely peaceful Saturday as I am, hugging my coffee for warmth. Oh and my man - just got told to put that bit in!

xx

{pictures from Jimbaran, Nusa Lembongan and home - my jewellery}

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, isn't it miserable. My little miss and I are still hanging out in our pyjamas. She's just discovered origami, we are waist dip in paper. Enjoy your coffee - I'm off to make another one.
    Carmel
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paulo Coelho is one of my 'top shelf' authors and you have reminded me that it's probably about time to get the Alchemist out again for another re-read.

    Enjoy your snuggly weekend,

    Felicity x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your cheeky comment on my blog today it made me laugh, so thanks!

    Have a great day and hope it gets warmer for you.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently read that book :) New header?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still love to search for shells... will never outgrow it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. No hot coffee around here, but hot sun and waves to jump and ice cream and sand;o)
    Summer is sending messages he will come strong and full of energy, Anna!
    Be fine, sweet! Bela.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful post! :) your man is sweet. I have always loved shell hunting too. And beach combing in general. I have lots of shells, I was just looking through this morning, wondering if I should bring them with me (long distance moving) I think I should. Lovely weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree! It is fun to pickup little treasures along the beach. Have a lovely day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely post! have a great saturday evening,Maria

    ReplyDelete

It's so wonderful to read all your comments, thanks for stopping by Cornflakes & Honey! x :-)