Tuesday 30 March 2010

Thrifty Tuesday


















Some antique plates I bought on the weekend (last one I got a few weeks ago). I bought others but I'll show them another time! In total I got about 10 plates and they all cost next to nothing. From left to right: $1, $6, $2.

I also got this beautiful lace doily for $12 which covers our 'new' round table (which we salvaged from a neighbour who was throwing it out a few months ago). The doily looks so pretty and because the table has a glass top it can fit underneath and avoid all the usual spills that come from dining.

But what, I hear you ask, has all this got to do with Easter?

Simple, all you need to do is arrange some favourite (mismatching) china plates on a table, add nests, eggs, flowers to you hearts content (I cheated and bought meringue nests!) and voila you have a beautiful setting for Easter tea!

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely idea. I wish I had of seen this before we had our easter sunday morning tea. This would have been perfect!

    ReplyDelete

It's so wonderful to read all your comments, thanks for stopping by Cornflakes & Honey! x :-)