Thursday 30 September 2010

Pondering...

Here's another little part of my home - it's a bit messy! I have a bit of a frame fetish as you can see (some thrift ones, I have painted turquoise which I love) and am just in the process of moving everything around - something I do quite frequently as I get restless with what I see when I'm at home.

~I really should have better things to think about shouldn't I?~

The cane table you see I bought on ebay for $20 not long ago and I love it the way it is but have been wondering whether I should paint it black, white or even turquoise or yellow (two bright colours which seem quite popular choices for cane at the moment). What do you think?

All our papers and magazines have found a new home on the underneath rack which is helping with our lack of storage in our little abode - it doesn't help of course that I buy so many outrageously beautiful bargains!

Anyway, I feel like I've just rambled a stream of consciousness which makes the title of this post apt!

Thanks for listening and have a great day! :)

xx

p.s. I owe quite a number of you visits - sorry, I just don't know where the time goes!

p.p.s. I have done two posts today, if you're in town next month don't forget to check out the Better Homes and Gardens LIVE event and email me for FREE tickets!

12 comments:

  1. or mint green! there are so many paint options...haha good luck with that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say a happy yellow would be perfect for that little table. If you ever tire of this table, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha so funny..even before I started reading your post I thought...awesome can table..that would look fab in a glossy black or turquoise...then I read your post...lol..and you were asking the question.
    I say go for it sweety..it will really add that wow factor. I painted a cane chest a glossy black and it looks awesome ( its under my DIY link).
    Some tips for you when I was spraying my cane chair white..buy an extra can of paint as backup as those little nooks are hard to get to and cover completely.
    Look forward to seeing what you end up choosing x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely do a paint job on the table - all colours suggested would look fab. Black or turquoise, though, would be my pick. Good luck!
    Jane @ the girl in the brick house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely bamboo table! It would look nice with the couch I have downstairs. Don't worry about not getting around to visit everyone all the time. We all have the same time problems, so we just do the best we can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely litle spot Anna, a glossy black would look fab! The great thing about paint is that you can change your mind :)
    Good luck with it and can't wait to see the finished table.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE that little table! What a steal! I think painting it a glossy black would look really nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anna,

    What about fuchsia ;-)? No...just do what you think best. Whatever colour you choose the table is very pretty the way it is now.

    Happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such a cute little table:)...I bet you will choose are great colour:)
    Kisses my dear

    Ps: I hope you had a chance to enter my Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definatly glossy black! I would be itching to fill those frames!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You ~Ron

    ReplyDelete

It's so wonderful to read all your comments, thanks for stopping by Cornflakes & Honey! x :-)