Friday 6 August 2010

My little souvenir
























Having next to no time to go shopping and sightseeing (the latter of which always takes precedence when I'm abroad) when I was in New Zealand, I ventured into a tourist shop (yup, at the airport of all places) and choose this lovely little glazed bowl which has been dipped at the rim and in the centre with gold as my souvenir. I didn't have time to go panning for gold in the beautiful rivers like my Dad did when he visited as a teen in the 60s but I felt this would be a good second best and it was only $10!

My camera couldn't really pick out the detail very well so it's a little blurry I'm afraid but it's pale blue in the middle and has a mother of pearl in the middle. It looks so lovely on my dressing table although I don't dare put anything in it as it's so delicate!

I am so happy the weekend is almost upon us and the sun is shining! Have a lovely one everyone!

xx

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the pretty colour! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes we find the most wonderful things in the most unexpected places = serendipity!
    x Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  3. How gorgeous, what a great little find! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so pretty! Have a wonderful weekend, won't you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so pretty!! ..don't you just love the unusual places we find the best treasures...Happy weekend sweetie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great colour! Hope you have a fantastic weekend. Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that bowl, it's super pretty! Have a great weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very PRETTY...a perfect souvenir...have a love weekend...smile on Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aloha Anna! Just playing around on the blogosphere today and stumbled upon your blog. I'm a big "color lover" too and I'm digging your bright colorful photos. Looking forward to reading more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Anna Cornflake, live and love!
    Have fun!
    Smile!
    You deserve it all!!
    XO. Bela.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its gorgeous - what a beautiful find xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for your comment on my blog darling..
    great post
    have a great week end
    kiss
    http://malibuananas.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely find and the colours are beautiful. Thanks for your nice comment on my blog. I see we have quite a bit in common:-). Hope to see you again. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a pretty bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so adorable! I love it. Great choice for a souvenir!

    ReplyDelete

It's so wonderful to read all your comments, thanks for stopping by Cornflakes & Honey! x :-)