Tuesday 11 January 2011

A fresh start

Firstly thank you so much for your comments yesterday it’s great to hear such enthusiasm and interest about my trip. I’ll be sure to share more pictures and insights with you this week.

So it's a new dawn, a new day, a new year and... a new lifestyle? While I was away certain things rudely came to my attention (namely at the beach...isn't it always?). Over the years I’ve been really slack with exercise (minus the odd dance class/night out) due to (stop reading if you don’t want to hear this) having an extraordinarily fast metabolism, and while it’s been fantastic (I’m a complete foodie) it’s all starting to catch up with me. At the grand old age of 29, my legs are revealing some alarming signs of really poor circulation – help! So topping my list of New Year’s resolutions this year, I aim to embark on a weekly yoga programme and do some light running a couple of times a week. Huff puff. Have you any key resolutions this year? Some others on my list include:

1.) Start yoga / light jogging
2.) Thrift in moderation ;-)
3.) Expand my current reading list beyond magazines - no seriously!
4.) Apply myself to the laundry situation that is building up in our bath (that is never used because, er there’s laundry in it)
5.) Expand my cooking repertoire beyond: spinach and ricotta canneloni, pasta, frittata and cupcakes.

On a side note, a little thrift for you today above (note it’s in moderation ;-)). A little blue and white dish to match my little blue and white ginger pot (on the right) and a small kitsch wooden dish (for the wall) with a round plastic Mary icon in the middle. Looking at her is really calming. Amazing what you find when you dig around!

Wishing you a lovely day.

2 comments:

  1. A great list and beautiful images.
    I imagine that it will be a wonderful feeling to sink into a lovely warm bubble bath, great book in hand to ease those muscles [which may be a little tender from your yoga session].

    x Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you sista! At my ripe old age of 30 I've been seeing the effects of my laziness, slowing metabolism and having a bub. Very good you've decided to start something, I should too. I go through phases of excersising and not exercising at all so I'll have to get to it. Love your thrift finds and I like your 'Thrift in Moderation' :)
    Jxx

    ReplyDelete

It's so wonderful to read all your comments, thanks for stopping by Cornflakes & Honey! x :-)