Sunday 8 May 2011

The colour purple


I never showed you my Easter table or how I would have styled it had we been at home this year. In the end I didn't do one (despite all my ideas!) but I did find some fallen flowers to float in a bowls when we were up at North Stradroke island. I have become quite smitten with purple since discovering these little beauties.

Here is my purple hyacinth below which I bought from my florist today, I can't wait to see it grow and open up. It's lovely to be able to buy the same flowers which are out in bloom right now back home in England. And my lavendar is going strong over there on the wooden chest - which I am quite obsessed with at the moment, I just think the wood is so beautiful!

Hope you're all having a great weekend, mine seems to have been packed but I'm having a lovely restful evening now with Mr Cornflake :-)

7 comments:

  1. Your purple blooms are gorgeous! I was looking at hyacinths today at Bunnings but I managed to resist. They smell wonderful.
    Thank you for your lovely comments just now on my blog. I really appreciate it :)
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Adore hyacinths! Smell soooooooo divine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautifully styled! Love that hibiscus photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving that second image :)

    I have not been getting your posts so am playing catchup.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I am going to have to admit to not being so keen on purple, but your images might just turn me around..... I was just starting to come around to liking purple after I took those pictures of lavender on my rubbed back white table.... actually I am realising purple looks very pretty with white when I come to think of it! I especially like that image with the floating petals! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    Thank u for your visit.
    Lovely pivtures:)
    take care
    sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous color! The flowers look amazing! Enjoy the beautiful day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete

It's so wonderful to read all your comments, thanks for stopping by Cornflakes & Honey! x :-)