Wednesday 25 May 2011

Fast (floral) food


Just recently I've been hooked on Jamie Oliver’s 30 Minute Meals programme (love fast cooking) and I got all inspired to be a bit more experimental in the kitchen (have to work harder on point 2 of my '2011 to do' list folks).

I have a similar style to Jamie when it comes to cooking which involves making it up as I go along, not measuring ingredients (a pinch here, a splash there...) and generally flying by the seat of my pants to produce something that tastes (hopefully) great based purely on concept and instinct.

I just don’t have as much motivation though which is very sad. However I’m feeling a surge of interest (again) to make a more concerted effort in the kitchen and I think salads are the way forward - to go with my carrot and ginger soups (yes, I have a really expansive repertoire).

Love the flowers in the beetroot and cottage cheese salad he put together which aired Monday night here in Oz. If it looks pretty and is simple and quick enough... ;-)

8 comments:

  1. I love that program and I have the book. I have to tell you though...he lies about the 30 minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You’re so right Kerry. I watch in awe but really you need a lot of bowls (love his serving plates and dishes he uses, so pretty) to have your ingredients ready at hand and lots of space to be messy and clear up easily. Not to mention be really quick at chopping things! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god, this is beautiful!!! here a big fan of Jamie, too!!! kisses

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I have ever seen any of his shows and have never read any of his books...maybe it's time I introduced myself to them :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous photo - too pretty to eat! I think I'm one of the few people who is not a fan of Jamie. Oh well, you can't win em all. That pic is still stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How pretty! I love flowers in salad! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful - food for the eyes and the mouth.

    ReplyDelete

It's so wonderful to read all your comments, thanks for stopping by Cornflakes & Honey! x :-)